Sunday, June 4, 2017

Peanut Sauce


After watching Food Inc and reading Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan, I got a little freaked out about meat. Well, all food really. It made me desire to be more mindful of the kind of meat I buy and of limiting how much meat I actually eat. I went on a tofu pinterest binge and have been trying many different non-meat meals for lunch (the hubs still wants meat for dinner so I respect that). One of my favorite tofu recipes is this Peanut Tofu Buddha Bowl from Delish Knowledge. I’ve adjusted the sauce from this recipe and have shared my version below. This sauce is great on a buddah bowl or salad and it's also a great dipping sauce for spring rolls! I hope you’ll enjoy it on your veggies too!

Peanut butter. This recipe calls for peanut butter. One of my previously deemed "bad foods" because of the fat in it. But I'm working on moving past that. This peanut sauce is delicious so when I want it, I'm going to allow myself to eat it. Peanut butter and all. Without a side of shame.


Mix all the ingredients together.


That’s it!


Ingredients
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
2 tbs low sodium soy sauce
2 tbs cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
2 tbsp water
1 tsp 100% pure maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon chili sauce like sriracha (more if you like it spicy)
Bit of minced garlic (how garlicy do you like it?)

Directions
Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a whisk. Store in the fridge for up to 10 days.

Makes about ¼ a cup, which lasts me about 4 tofu buddah bowls

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Journey with me on Instagram!